read

A Q&A with Charquette Nelson '08

By GPS Blog

After graduating from GPS in 2008, Charquette Forté Nelson attended Middle Tennessee State University, where she was a member of Delta Sigma Theta, completing her Bachelor of Science in nursing in 2012. She later earned a Masters of Science in nursing management and leadership from Western Governors University. In 2015, she began her entrepreneurial journey and purchased a commercial cleaning franchise. Today, she has various real estate ventures and launched her own photo booth company, Photo Booth Chatt 360, in 2021. 

Q. Why are you passionate about what you do?
A. I am passionate about being an entrepreneur. Being an entrepreneur allows me to create opportunities for myself and those around me. I’ve assisted with the startup of eight locally owned small businesses, and I love to help people achieve their dreams. 

Q. What is a GPS girl to you?
A. A GPS girl is confident, driven, and resilient.

Q. What is your proudest accomplishment thus far?
A. My family is my proudest accomplishment so far. I have a husband and four beautiful kids.

Q. Are there any quotes that really resonate with you/guide you in your daily pursuits?

A. “Don’t wait for the right opportunity. Create it.”—George B. Shaw

To whom much is given, much will be required.”—Luke 12:48 

Q. Why is Black History Month important to you and why is it important that we acknowledge and honor the month here at GPS?
A. The contributions that African Americans have made throughout the years will forever be a staple in history and deserve to be both acknowledged and celebrated. GPS instilled in me the ability to surpass the glass ceiling society places on minority women. This girl with power and strength is now a woman who is fearless and unstoppable.

Read Other GPS Alumnae Stories

Tags: GPS Alumnae in Action